Davie County Tourism Supports Special Projects and Events Funding
Please Note: the 2023 Grant Cycle is now closed. The grant application form will be available again January 1, 2024.
Davie County Tourism welcomes proposals for Special Projects/Events Funding from area organizations, both profit and not-for-profit that are designed for the purpose of attracting visitors to Davie County.
If applying for funding regarding a capital improvement project, the agency must not request funds for projects that have already been completed prior to submitting grant application.
Application Process and Requirements
Around the first of each year, applications will be posted and available here at the Davie County Tourism website and must be submitted online.
Current Application Information
Completed Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on February 28, 2023 to the Davie County Tourism Advisory Board (DCTAB) via the form on this website. Applications received after the grant cycle is closed may be reviewed on a case by case basis or will be considered in the next grant cycle in January 2024.
Important to Note:
- Any organization wishing to request funding support from Davie County Tourism must complete the Special Project Funding Request & Budget Form.
- If areas of the application are left blank, the DCTAB reserves the right to deny review of that application.
- There is no limit to the number of requests for funding per organization but submissions are limited to one funding request per event/project.
- NEW THIS YEAR: All applications must be completed online. NO handwritten or emailed applications will be allowed.
The Review Process
Completed applications must be submitted to the Davie County Tourism Advisory Board (DCTAB) via website by the posted deadline every year.
- Applications received after the grant cycle is closed may be reviewed on a case-by-case basis or will be considered in the next grant cycle.
- Applications will be reviewed initially by tourism staff to ensure compliance and completion of applications.
- All completed applications will be reviewed by the Davie County Tourism Advisory Board for consideration and approval of funding.
- Applicants may be invited to present, in person, a formal presentation of the project. However, a presentation is not a requirement for a funding request to be eligible for consideration. Requests for presentations will be determined by the board.
In making decisions on grant applications, the board will consider such factors as the type and scope of the applying organization, the impact and priority of the proposed project, the timetable, the number of applications received, the dollar amounts requested and the dollar amount available.
Applications indicating matching funds on a dollar-for-dollar or greater basis are encouraged and may determine project funding.
Payment of Approved Grants
If your grant request is approved for funding, applicant must submit an invoice in the amount requested to Davie County Tourism in order to receive funds. Payments will be made in the form of a check and will be disbursed from July 1st through the end of August. Approved grants will be paid in a lump sum or in increments, depending on the amount granted and the scope of the project.
- If grant is approved and you receive funds but are not able to host event due to unforeseen circumstances you must
- A. Refund the amount approved within same calendar year OR
- B. Submit a letter to Davie County Tourism stating funds will be used for same approved event within the same calendar year or following year. Must be approved by tourism staff or tourism advisory board.
- Grant funding may not be used for any operation costs, including but not limited to salaries, rent, insurance, etc., nor may it be used for maintenance of facilities or grounds.
Special Projects/ Events Funding Request Form
All fields must be filled out and the online form submitted by the deadline.
Online Form Instructions
You will need to be prepared to complete the form with your organization’s tax information, marketing materials, and event or project budget plan. You will be able to upload files and sign online.
If you are unable to complete the form in one sitting, you can scroll to the bottom of the online form and CLICK on Save and Continue Later. That will allow you to send yourself a link by email to access the form later.
If you use Save and Continue Later – be sure to scroll all the way down the page to enter your email address and get the access link sent to your email.
If you have questions about the grant application please email or call (336) 751-3304.
All Applicants will be notified of Decisions of Funding by hard-copy letter or email.
All marketing materials should include the Davie County Tourism logo and web address: www.discoverdaviecounty.com and include the phrase “Funded in part by Davie County Tourism”.
Draft artwork can be submitted as part of your online application to Davie County Tourism staff for approval prior to production. You may download the logo here for use only on those materials.
Click below to continue to the online form.